Feedback - Bug Reports

This sounds like (unfortunately) it’s functioning how it’s meant to.
If you cancel editing a new Note, because no previous note exists, the whole Note section dissappears.

I will try add a confirmation step to stop it being too easy to quit out of Notes when editing.

EDIT: This has been added!
There is now this quick lil dialogue before you can discard any changes made.

6 Likes

Thanks for the hard work and constant communication. You’re awesome!!

4 Likes

Is there something up with audio? The files have stop playing for me, they simply halt playback around the 2sec mark and neither scrubbing, nor reloading, helps (appears that it’s not limited to the review page).

Currently on iPad so Safari browser, will also check desktop when I get back home.

1 Like

Not sure if there was a recent update, but the furigana are stuck for me, they’re always showing despite me toggling them off. Video

6 Likes

I’m seeing this as well.

3 Likes

@Entity447B

Hi there!

What furigana mode have you enabled in Settings (On, Off, Wanikani)?
Also, what browser/OS are you using? I’ll try replicate.

This is likely being caused by a Show All Furigana hotkey I recently added.

Please let me know and I can start digging!

2 Likes

Furigana mode is Wanikani. (Turning it off does seem to work, though.) Browser is Chrome on Windows 10.

2 Likes

I have the Furigana problem as well.
I too am using Chrome and Wanikani mode.

1 Like

Furigana problem also on Firefox/Win and Firefox/Linux.
Settings are Furigana off and Furigana on hover on.

@MagneticSpark @Entity447B @Aikibujin @shikaji

Pushed a temporary fix, if you refresh your browsers :bowing_man:

Please let me know if this worked.

5 Likes

Yes, it’s working again. Thanks :pray:

2 Likes

So whenever I click Mark as Mastered it takes me to the next word to learn instead of showing SRS (your progress) is this a bug? or is it just me? I have to manually go on deck and find the word again and mark it Beginner 2 in the SRS section. Why does this keep happening? Is there any other way? This just started happening yesterday.

1 Like

If you’re marking an item as mastered during your Learn session, that’s telling the system that you’ve already mastered it and don’t wish to see it. Are you pressing this button with the intention of moving forward onto the next item in your Learn queue? If so, then you need to instead be pressing the right arrow that appears next to the item in question during Learn. This image is what I’m referring to:

Or maybe you and I are talking about 2 completely different things; if so, please let me know! If you open the vocab word in it’s vocab word page (and not learning it through Learn) then when you hit Mark as Mastered it will open up the SRS progress.

2 Likes

Seems to be working now. Thanks!

1 Like

Usually, I’m able to set my progress (through Learn; after I mark it as mastered it will show my progress, and then I will able to set it to beginner. That option disappeared) and then able to move on to the next vocab or grammar. However, since yesterday the moment I mark it as “mark as mastered” it takes me to the next word instead of showing SRS progress. I’m learning through Learn.

Maybe the issue is only on my end. I’m using Brave Browser, however, it shouldn’t be an issue IMHO.

2 Likes

The intended route is to use the photo I did above to hit the arrows so that Learn automatically takes you to a quiz where you get tested and then it will automatically change the level into SRS 2. If you’re hitting Mastered during Learn you’re telling the system you don’t need to see this ever again so it gets tossed aside to progress. Is there a reason you’re doing it this way in particular?

I’ll double check tomorrow to see if anything may have inadvertently changed this general area but it seems to be working as intended.

3 Likes

Maybe it was working for me differently but that has changed. It could be a glitch that helped me do what I was doing until yesterday. But now by your way of doing it, I don’t have to set it to SRS 1 which kind of automatically BUNPRO does that. Either way thanks for explaining it.

2 Likes

You’re not imagining things!
I changed the system internally to skip items that are marked as Mastered, thinking people would wanna just skip them entirely.

Didn’t think of your use case.
Will re-discuss it with the team internally tomorrow

3 Likes

Seems like this lil’ mystery is starting to come together! I’ll get back to you tomorrow for sure if there’s any future changes to this whole area.

But yeah, either way to simplify your sequence all you’ll have to do is once you start your Learn session, just hit that right arrow and once you finish the quiz it’ll have those items as SRS 2. Should take away some of the busy work you were doing, sorry about that! I hope this saves you some time and helps you out in the end~ Feel free to throw me a direct message any time if you have any more feedback or input on any of this, always happy to hear from new (and old!) users.

1 Like

Have decks been removed from the main navbar? Couldn’t find a way to Decks - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro

1 Like