Feedback - Bug Reports

The badges seem to have started working a little bit again, though still way behind where I’m actually up to.

Anyway, I noticed that these ones seem to be out of order:

Are you sure the number 10 doesn’t come after 25? :thinking:

(should be sorted out come monday mornin’ though!)

3 Likes

Haha, you got me :smile:

But I have been studying kanji hard and am pretty convinced that 二 comes after 一 :wink:

1 Like

Just came across this by chance - clicking on the N1 lesson for opportunity on the lessons page seems to return a 500 Internal Server Error.

500: INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR Code: INTERNAL_FUNCTION_INVOCATION_FAILED ID: lhr1::p8bdf-1686685333590-488f3c5d8786

Link in question:
https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/を機に

1 Like

I think the issue with this should be fixed now. Sorry for the trouble :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Sometimes when trying to add a synonym, the whole thing just disappears and the whole section becomes blank, meaning being unable to complete adding the synonym:

It’s rare, but has happened a few times.
I have no idea what is triggering it.

1 Like

Having a problem with Crams. The last question is always marked as unfinished and the resulting Unfinished cram sessions cannot be deleted either.

Also 命令形 (JLPT N4) | Bunpro – Japanese Grammar Explained does not show up in Crams at all, but does show up in Reviews. I understand it’s a simple grammar point, but I want to cram the conjugations as practice. All of the examples I’ve seen during Reviews have been for Ichidan verbs. So far I’ve been intentionally missing it to force the other example sentences to show up in Reviews. By that way, how are those added? Does a new one show up each time I miss the same sentence, or do I have to miss it multiple times for the new sentence to be added? Would be interesting to force all 12 sentences to show up in Reviews for tricky grammar points. Right now I’ve just been cramming them very often.

Edit: Also, as mentioned here Grammar Hints Update! June/13/23 - #12 by reisen only the Japanese is visible during Crams.

Just got a question with both hints in japanese instead of having 1 japanese and 1 English :smiley:

One more thing I noticed with custom sentences: when trying to delete one, the spinner spins for a really long time, then eventually says “Failed”. If I reload the page, though, the custom sentence was properly deleted.

2 Likes

I had this problem too. It will be stuck for very long time. However, it will only work sometime for me. I still have to wait for it to delete for very long period. if i cancel it too earlier, it will not be deleted. so the best way that works for me is not to delete and just edit the sentence
If I really need to delete the sentence, I will have a dedicated browser just to do delete that one sentence. then use another browser to check whether it was deleted before i close the deliciated browser for the deletion.

2 Likes

This should be fixed now including the bug with the remaining cram item.

2 Likes

Two things:

When I’m learning new material, let’s say I get a few wrong. After the batch is done, Bunpro says I got 100% correct and moves everything to SRS 2. I think before the big upgrade this didn’t happen.

About Listening Mode: not 100% if this is a bug or not but shouldn’t this mean that when on, you have to listen, and cannot read the sentences? Currently, when I have Listening Mode on, the text still appears for each sentence.

@S_S

That sounds like a horrible experience.
I’m able to replicate the bug.

How often is this happening for you guys?
Is it for almost every sentence?

1 Like

@veritas_nz Basically it will happen everytime when there is a need to delete custom sentence. As mentioned, I will need to do the workaround.

I only had two custom sentences, so I only tested it on those two, but it did happen for both (以上 ② (JLPT N2) | Bunpro – Japanese Grammar Explained and ということは (JLPT N2) | Bunpro – Japanese Grammar Explained).

This unfinished (1 remaining) cram session bug is still occurring for me today. Do I need to refresh something to make it disappear?

left is chrome, right is firefox.

does anybody have an idea why my firefox shows the font thin like this? tried to start firefox in safemode - same result. its really annyoing.

1 Like

Yeah that looks like a weird issue.
My guess is that Firefox is maybe loading some system font by default?

The font that is displaying Noto Sans but at a much thinner font-weight (as you mentioned).
The default font-weight is 400, so perhaps FF is choosing Noto Sans from the system that has a slightly different threshold for when it displays the regular font or something?

If you’re using the web-app on a desktop PC, I’d also definitely consider turning off all plugins too, as that might be where the issue is coming from.

1 Like

the thing is. this happens only in review mode. BOTH screenshots are done in firefox.

it began with one of your last updates.

thought it will fix itself when review mode rolls out of beta.

2 Likes

I’m using Firefox but never saw this bug. But it’s not only you who reported it though.
I think it can be some weird Google Fonts distributed cache issue. Maybe it just ignores required font weight while returning the font from nearest CDN’s cache in some cases. Do you guys share same location maybe?

I’d recommend to Bunpro devs to self-host all required fonts instead of relying on Google Fonts. This quick-and-dirty technique is great for prototyping some minimal viable product, but Bunpro is mature enough to host fonts at own place.

2 Likes