Feedback - Bug Reports

Update, was able to work around through web. The changes I tried to save on app reflected on the web, despite not showing on the app. Adjusting the numbers on web, saving, changing back to previous number and saving again updated what was shown on the Android app (previously shown 0/0 for both decks). Note-first adjustment and save reflected on app, had to do twice to revert to the amounts I wanted

Thanks - changed to dark blue :slightly_smiling_face:
I kinda liked the old look, but I think I can get used to the new look too.

1 Like

Thank you very much. :bowing_man:

Looking forward to the Bunpro themes, if you finally decide to bring them over.

良い日曜日を

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi, many parts of the mobile site have become much slower for me since last week’s update. Everything feels very sluggish and animations seem to play at around 3 FPS. This happens at least on the dashboard and reviews pages, and even the main page when I’m not logged in. The user profile, cram and the list of all grammar points pages are fine, although if I open any specific grammar item, it gets slow again.

I’m using Firefox for Android. On Chrome it’s much better, but it still feels slower than it used to be on Firefox. When I navigate to the dashboard on Chrome, the loading circle is choppy at first, but after a second or two the page runs at normal speed. On Firefox it never gets better.

Even on a 13 years old laptop, the performance of Firefox is fine. So I thought I’d try the desktop site on my Android phone, but that was even slower than the mobile version.

2 Likes

I have this same issue, also on Firefox, but on Windows 11. I have this in the cram as well, though.

I at first thought that this is because of my Wifi, but if others have it as well, the reason might be a different one.

Hi!

When I click on any menu in the top bar, it (1) either directs me to the general search page (by general search page I mean the search page when logged out) or (2) directly to the log in page.

(1) only happens with the Grammar submenu within the Contents menu, (2) with the rest.

(BTW, I saw the Testimonials are on. Nice!)

1 Like

??

(Android app)

It just fixed itself today, as @Jake said another bug caused a mismatch in review adjustment.

Yesterday I only had 6 reviews (from the 6 new grammar points I learn after the initial issue), and today got 49 lol, so I guess it is fixed now. Thank you.

image_2024-03-24_234559271

I guess if you still don’t get the review, you may want to check the “Next Review” panel on the grammar/vocab points. Seems the bug delays the review by a few days than what it should be.

image_2024-03-24_234904040

1 Like

Ok, it doesn’t seem to be catching on for some reason. It’s still under the impression that I’m done for the day, and I haven’t learned anything yet today. I went and did so on the Web app yesterday.

Sometimes takes a while to update!
Should be fine now. Let me know if anything is still strange 🙇‍♂️

1 Like

Hello again.
This is an issue with our auth system and how it interacts with the two versions of the site.
Will investigate and see if there is anything we can do about it 🙇‍♂️

1 Like

I’d like to report high GPU usage by some Bunpro pages, specifically Homepage, Reviews, Learn (grammar point). Other pages don’t seem to be affected.

When I open one of those pages, my laptop starts to heat up, and GPU usage of Firefox (Windows) jumps to ~50%, or if using Chrome instead it’s ~37%. Additionally Desktop Window Manager starts eating GPU, so it’s more like 80% usage total. Laptop heating up = laptop keyboard heating up = less comfortable to do a lot of reviews…

Switching to a different tab or minimizing the browser window with Bunpro brings GPU usage back to 0.
I’ve tried disabling all browser extensions, with no change, still high GPU usage.

Of course this laptop has a very weak GPU, namely Intel HD Graphics 530.
I’ve tried to open Bunpro on a desktop with a real GPU, and these pages are also using it, but in a more modest ~9% range (Firefox).

Firefox profiler does show something that seems relevant to graphics usage, so if you cannot reproduce the issue locally I could try to send that.

3 Likes

Thanks! I got back to normal after I did some reviews to receive XP “the normal way”.

1 Like

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Bunpro is saying I am done with the N4 deck. I only have about 37/177 something but everytime I go to study new material it asks what new deck I want to study.

I’ve tried emailing support and gotten no response… I’m stumped. Help? :frowning:

1 Like

Hi there! Welcome to the community.
Are you on the app perchance? Or web?

Tried on your account and it’s working on the website.
I believe the mobile developer is working on a fix for this! Should be out soon 🙇‍♂️

Sorry for the confusion

On the app, when i try to learn new grammar and get to the review, nothing comes up. The screen looks like normal, but no sentence can be seen. Vocab seems to work, for some reason. I have tried several times over the past few days and it is consistently not working. No new grammar reviews are added either, so I’m kind of stuck.

2 Likes

I am also experiencing the exact same issue since the last update. I tried it from the app, I tried it from the website, I tried to brute force it by adding the grammar points directly to my reviews, but nothing has worked. I get to the quiz part of learning new grammar points, but my screen looks like this:

3 Likes

When I open the app (iOS) in the morning, it thinks I have done my lessons. I have not yet done them here.

I tried to refresh the app (pull from the top) and restart it, no luck. But if I access the web site, then the app updates and shows the correct 0/12.

Hey there! Thank you for the reply. I just checked and it does indeed work on the web version. I’ve admittedly never logged into the web version because I use Bunpro on the bus to work, hah. Good to know it’s being patched soon though, thank you! I was losing my mind.

1 Like