Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

2nd this! I’ve had the same thought before, lists would be great.

1 Like

@Scytaerie

Cram Lists are actually on our…list! :partying_face:

6 Likes

That’s great news! In that case I’d just reiterate the suggestion to have a button to quick add something to cram from the review results, since for me personally that’s always when I think “I don’t know this well enough, I should cram it.”

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your hard work on the site.

I would love to be able to postpone a single review, either similar to the “bury” button on Anki, or better yet, simply pushing that review to the end of the queue.

This is useful in some situations, such as wanting to trim down the number of reviews by focusing on the ones one feels comfortable with, without getting stuck in the harder reviews.

By being able to push the review to the end the user can continue studying without feeling demotivated or stuck.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been requested or not, and I’m not sure if this will be a very sought after feature, but I’d still like to throw it out here anyways.

So I’m learning Japanese through acquisition, so I’m not outputting the language at all. It’d be really nice to have an option that allows for the grammar to show up with the sentence and the review would be based off of figuring out its meaning in English.

Regardless of whether or not this feature can be implemented isn’t a deal breaker for me though. I can still this style of review by hiding hints and entering in a wrong answer so I can see the grammar and review it from there.

Thanks for all the hard work you all do! I really love using Bunpro.

1 Like

But how it should be checked if it’s right answer or not?
Also, you can join this topic, I think you’ll like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, it’d be more of an Anki styled review. It’d be based off of your own discretion. I realize that this doesn’t work for everyone though since it’s natural to say you felt you were close enough and pass it, even though you technically got it wrong. That’s not really an issue for me though because my goal is to learn grammar and have an understanding of it for when it comes up when I’m listening, I’m not trying to output the language yet.

Anyways, I don’t expect them to put the time into a feature that most people won’t use, but I thought I might throw the suggestion out there just in case other people are looking for something similar.

1 Like

Just wanted to check in on whether there are any updates on this since it’s been two weeks. Do you have any updates on when the new audio might be released?

2 Likes

Will aim to get it all uploaded by Monday! All but 9 are recorded, so all but the last 9 will be up by Monday :blush:. The remaining 9 will be out by Saturday of the same week :partying_face:

Thanks for your patience! 🙇🏼‍♂️

4 Likes

Fantastic news! Waiting eagerly ^^

2 Likes

All ready to go :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks so much! Really excited to dig into the N1 grammar with new audio files!

4 Likes

I really like the new checkbox/tickbox on the Grammar Reading lessons. Would it be possible to also mark a lesson complete on the Reading Practise overview page/screen/view? It would make it more consistent with the Grammar lesson overview page. More importantly it gives the user a nice feeling of progress / completion. Quite important for those little motivational moments.

But only if it’s a not a lot of effort.

cheers, keep up the good work, it’s really appreciated.

3 Likes

Someone else had suggested it on the Wanikani forums as well.
It is live now. It is just a simple checkmark as the tiles themselves and reading passages as a whole will be reworked sometime in the future.

5 Likes

confirmed, working for me

すごい!
awesome (hang on it also means terrible according to 10ten?!)
すごいぞ!

1 Like

making bunpro improvement requests on the wanikani forums! the cheek of it!

4 Likes

It depends on the context it’s used in. If you’re familiar with English slang, think of it like the word ‘sick’. It can mean “cool, awesome” but also “gross, unpleasant”.

1 Like

Similarly, “awful” used to mean “awesome” (which is close to すごい) or “inspiring awe”. It’s weird that these words don’t mean the same if you think about it. “Awful” isn’t used like that anymore though, contrary to すごい apparently (though i’ve never seen it as “terrible” personally, granted my reading experience could be better).

1 Like

I think the only times I’ve seen it used as “terrible” would be as an adverb. Like “it’s terribly insane” or something. But I can’t recall seeing it used in a negative sense, least not yet.

Gotta love how language is ever evolving though x’D Keeps you on your toes, haha.

1 Like

Would it be possible for the reading passages to have the blue numbers for notes both on the English translation as well as raw? Cuts out having to have both sections up at the same time to figure out the nuance.

1 Like