Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

But how it should be checked if it’s right answer or not?
Also, you can join this topic, I think you’ll like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, it’d be more of an Anki styled review. It’d be based off of your own discretion. I realize that this doesn’t work for everyone though since it’s natural to say you felt you were close enough and pass it, even though you technically got it wrong. That’s not really an issue for me though because my goal is to learn grammar and have an understanding of it for when it comes up when I’m listening, I’m not trying to output the language yet.

Anyways, I don’t expect them to put the time into a feature that most people won’t use, but I thought I might throw the suggestion out there just in case other people are looking for something similar.

1 Like

Just wanted to check in on whether there are any updates on this since it’s been two weeks. Do you have any updates on when the new audio might be released?

2 Likes

Will aim to get it all uploaded by Monday! All but 9 are recorded, so all but the last 9 will be up by Monday :blush:. The remaining 9 will be out by Saturday of the same week :partying_face:

Thanks for your patience! 🙇🏼‍♂️

4 Likes

Fantastic news! Waiting eagerly ^^

2 Likes

All ready to go :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks so much! Really excited to dig into the N1 grammar with new audio files!

4 Likes

I really like the new checkbox/tickbox on the Grammar Reading lessons. Would it be possible to also mark a lesson complete on the Reading Practise overview page/screen/view? It would make it more consistent with the Grammar lesson overview page. More importantly it gives the user a nice feeling of progress / completion. Quite important for those little motivational moments.

But only if it’s a not a lot of effort.

cheers, keep up the good work, it’s really appreciated.

3 Likes

Someone else had suggested it on the Wanikani forums as well.
It is live now. It is just a simple checkmark as the tiles themselves and reading passages as a whole will be reworked sometime in the future.

5 Likes

confirmed, working for me

すごい!
awesome (hang on it also means terrible according to 10ten?!)
すごいぞ!

1 Like

making bunpro improvement requests on the wanikani forums! the cheek of it!

4 Likes

It depends on the context it’s used in. If you’re familiar with English slang, think of it like the word ‘sick’. It can mean “cool, awesome” but also “gross, unpleasant”.

1 Like

Similarly, “awful” used to mean “awesome” (which is close to すごい) or “inspiring awe”. It’s weird that these words don’t mean the same if you think about it. “Awful” isn’t used like that anymore though, contrary to すごい apparently (though i’ve never seen it as “terrible” personally, granted my reading experience could be better).

1 Like

I think the only times I’ve seen it used as “terrible” would be as an adverb. Like “it’s terribly insane” or something. But I can’t recall seeing it used in a negative sense, least not yet.

Gotta love how language is ever evolving though x’D Keeps you on your toes, haha.

1 Like

Would it be possible for the reading passages to have the blue numbers for notes both on the English translation as well as raw? Cuts out having to have both sections up at the same time to figure out the nuance.

1 Like

D’accord!

1 Like

First of all, great job with the recent updates to Bunpro. They are truly appreciated!!

Also, +1000 on adding Quartet I & II pathways, please!! This would be amazing :star_struck:.

Lastly, I’m sort of new here, but is there a way to do a Cram session of a specific pathway (i.e. Genki II, Chapter 17)? Apologies if this is already possible.

A lot of times I just want to focus on studying a single chapter of Genki, but the only way I know to do this is to manually find and select each grammar point (which is obviously not ideal). If this is not already possible, then it would be nice to add this feature. Possibly next to the “Study Full Chapter”, adding a “Cram Full Chapter” next to it would be nice.

Thanks again for everything you do!

4 Likes

Can I have a badge for completing all the N5 reading practices please?

2 Likes

How about topic-specific summary-pages, e.g. a page the compares all grammar available that has the meaning “because”?
These could be visualized somewhat, e.g. using a grid with politeness on the x-axis and frequency of use on the y-axis.

I think this would be really useful to connect the dots.

2 Likes

It would be really nice to have a “hide studied items” feature in the path overview list.

1 Like