Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

Suggestion: How about making a collection of all the “what’s the difference between…” questions, and putting them in one spot?

7 Likes

This would be great.

There are always a lot of “whats the difference between all the ‘seems like’ grammar points” for example.
Direct comparative pages for things like this would be good, especially considering it works so well when kanji learning books or pages do a similar thing with very similar kanji - to directly compare and contrast the differences, visually for kanji, and the meanings.

7 Likes

Can we get an improved recording setup for @Fuga like the one @Asher / Haruna have?

Or maybe the recordings can be normalized to resemble more in post-recording production?
It’s such a shame that the quality of the recording itself is so different.

2 Likes

Yep! That is the plan.

2 Likes

After accidentally submitting the same bug report twice, I realized there’s no way to retract any feedback I submitted. Would like that as a feature to help me not waste y’alls time x’D

2 Likes

I have a (probably silly) request to make streak badges achievable multiple times, at least 100+ day ones. If I reached 100 day streak again after losing a previous one, I’d like to get that shiny badge one more time :sweat_smile: (Or maybe just add x2, x3 etc to the existing one.)
And maybe these doubled badges can also be exchanged to a privilege to miss a day, e.g. one 30 day badge recover one missed streak day, 60 day - 2 days, 100 day - 3 days and so on. And one can’t spend their last one badge in a set :grin:

4 Likes

during this holiday is there discount cupom for annual subscription or only for lifetime?

2 Likes

The discount has always been for lifetime. Not sure if they will change it this year around.

3 Likes

I wish there was a ‘super-slow’ mode for the example sentence listening. (on Satori reader I put it on minimum 0.8 iirc)

2 Likes

Would it be possible to have the full English translation appear after putting in an answer during reviews? I like “review English” set to hint, but I wish that setting was split in two. One for before submitting, and one option for after submitting.

Oh that is why I had to log in again when clicking some links from the forum!

1 Like

They could technically have domain wide cookies, but I think since the www. subdomain is a temporary feature, is probably not worth the trouble.

1 Like

(I’m not sure where to put this so I’m just going to follow up my own comment…)

Regarding direct comparison/‘whats the difference’ pages:
I just read this page which was included in the readings for それに that has some great information on very similar points, some of which are not included in Bunpro as well. This table is great:

I didn’t realize how many (and confusing) similar points there where (especially それ**).
Some thing like this (probably not as many points though) but with more discussion on usage and nuance would be a big help for many grammar points.

4 Likes

I really wish I could add my own translation or a note to the base translations when I practice. Sometimes I think of concepts in terms of the Japanese that’s going on even if the flow is not as smooth as an English sentence. Having to figure out what the hints or sentence is trying to say can be extremely frustrating when all I get are interpretations based on English grammar. I have wasted a lot of time translating from English to Japanese, which really takes away good opportunities to start thinking in Japanese rather than merely translating. If this was addressed in any way, I feel like I could get much more out of this website.

5 Likes

Not sure if its been mentioned before, but it would be really nice if the audio would continue to play after moving onto the next item. I like to hear the audio while moving on (its what wanikani does). and its really nice. maybe it could be an option.

1 Like

Is it possible to have an option that hides how many reviews there are? Both on the main page and in reviews? I tend to procrastinate doing reviews for the day when I see I have a lot to do, so it’d be nice if I could load up Bunpro without seeing how many reviews there are waiting for me.

If you have ublock origin, you could use the zap feature to get rid of the box at the top that contains the Review field and then just manually enter bunpro.jp/study. Not the easiest of workarounds, but would probably become muscle memory after a couple attempts.

1 Like

Is there a way to save what’s been “zapped”? This would work if I only have to do it one time, because if I have to do it every time, then when I go to get rid of the part that shows the remaining reviews then I’d just end up seeing how many I have to do which would defeat the whole purpose.

Edit: Looks like I found how to do it. Thank you!

1 Like

It’s been requested before to allow for pure Japanese, so all hints and such are also Japanese, to help with immersion and reinforcing what you’re learned. (Especially for higher levels.) I think that at least was on their to-do list?

3 Likes

I really hope it is! I looked all over, hoping there was a script or something but found nothing. However, it would be nice, just like adding synonyms on WaniKani; I wish I could modify hints to fit the actual meaning and not the English translation.

1 Like