Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

I just added a few more to my previous post.

1 Like

The polite/honorific/humble speech lessons will be revamped soon :smile:

2 Likes

For に it would be nice to also have either a separat lesson or included in one of the others for:
N1 (person) に N2 をあげます & かします & おしえます etc.
N1 (person) に N2 を もらいます

Is there a reason why 全然 has been added as the only demonstrative word? Maybe add the other ones somewhere too?
よく ・ 英語がよくわかります。
だいたい
たくさん
少し

The following two I only found in their negativ form in the grammar section or to combine two sentences for but not being used like:
あまり - 英語があまりわかりますせん。
とても - これはとても有名な映画です。

I also did not see が as object marker, or did I miss it?

3 Likes

@Pushindawood

First off thanks to you and the team for creating this site. It’s absolutely the most useful thing for my japanese learning right now. I’ve needed somethings to help me consolidate my grammar knowledge and this is it.

You mentioned upthread about wanting to incorporate speaking into bunpro. I’ve been experimenting with the Japanese dictation on my iPhone and it works remarkably well. I can speak most answers into bunpro although it struggles with things like 「んです」because you can’t really say that without whatever came before.

My thought was could you implement a ‘hard’ mode where you have to write or dictate the whole sentence after being given the English? ‘Hard’ mode could come with volcabulary and ‘super-hard’ mode without vocabulary at all. Maybe a middling hard mode that leaves out Vocab that has reached guru level in wanikani.

An easier mode would be to offer up the option to write the whole sentence in the current answer box. If you do that currently, and you get the answer correct, bunpro doesn’t mark the answer right or wrong it just stops, which is so nearly a feature not a bug.

Other features I’d like to see, which others have mentioned:

Conjugation, I still suck at verbs and adjectives and would love to drill these SRS style and nowhere seems to offer this yet.

Multiple grammar points per question.

Thanks for all the good work.

頑張れください!ありがとうございます!

2 Likes

@elynchbell Thank you for the great suggestions! Incorporating shadowing in Bunpro is definitely something that we want to experiment with in the future and we hope that we can find a fun and interactive way for you do so! Verb conjugations and other fundamental grammar drills are also something that we hope to add to Bunpro soon. Stay tuned. Cheers!

Just a little thing, the page number for Tobira is listed twice here.

2 Likes

Should be fixed by now :smiley:

1 Like

Another Input:

1. Place に N が ある / いる
    Explaning what/who is at a specific place. Here used as question and answer:
    地下に何がありますか。
    ...レストランがあります。

2. N は Place に ある / いる
    This one picks the Noun of the previous point and describes where it is. Here the Noun is already known to the speaker and listener.
    東洋ディズニーランドは千葉県にあります。

3. Also would it make sense to add the following, since you already have ある / いる?
    N が わかります

4. For の there is also the usage to show position of something:
    N1 (Persion/Thing/Place) の N2 (Position)
    机の上に写真があります。

5. Are you planning to add counters at some point, or are they considered purely as vocab?

6. Number (Timecounter) に一回 V
    Show the number of times something happens / takes place.

7. Unless I missed this, I am completely missing the explanation for the negative い-Adjective.
    Example:
    ** あつかったです。
    ** あつくなかったです。

8. I don’t think I’ve seen here the grammar point for no replacing a noun.
    Adj の(の as a replacement for a noun)
    カリナさんのかばんはどれですか。
    あの赤くて、大きいのです。

3 Likes

The added ‘limit search by textbook’ is a great addition, so thanks for that.

I’d also like to be able to leave the search bar blank or enter some wild card character to pull up ALL grammar points in a specific textbook.

7 Likes

I came to say exactly the same.

4 Likes

@madmalkav @skullclutter
Great idea :+1:

2 Likes

I think it might also make sense to add/revise for the following:

1. なにか [へ/を] - 冬休みはどこか [へ] 行きましたか。
  2. どこか [へ/を] - のどが渇きましたから、何か [を] 飲みたいです。
  3. ご~ - At the beginning of a word expressing respect. ご注文は?
  4. すみませんが
  5. が - Used to describe something happening that one can experience with ones fives senses or talking about a topic objectively. I think が needs to be refined more, as it has many different uses and at least the most common ones are still not explained properly I think. Especially considering, that I am taking this point from MnN 1 (app. N5)
    a. あめがふっています
    b. ミら-さんがいませんね
  6. N1 に N2 を V - marking a place at which the outcome of the Verb is at.
    a. ここに車を止めてください
    b. ここに住所を書いてください
  7. I couldn’t find a grammar explanation to on how to connect two or more sentences with:
    a. ~て (で)
    b. い-Adj. -> ~くて
    c. な-Adj. -> ~で
    d. N で
  8. Didn’t see the following usage of が, that N1 has the property of “N2 が Adj.” - N1 は N2 が Adj
    a. 大阪は食べ物がおい氏です。
  9. Asking for the way or method - どうやって
2 Likes

@skullclutter and @madmalkav We are working on making this a reality. Stay tuned! Cheers!

2 Likes

Please add
N5: expressing the time something happens with に (add to the に section?)

For example:
私は毎朝六時半に起きます。

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile:
It is on the list with other uses of に、は and を :+1:

By the way, nice avatar.
Did you drew it?

1 Like

There are three checkboxes but I can only see two resources for this item.

2 Likes

@Ambo100 Nice find! Fixed.

So it seems you missed the negative form for い-Adjectives --> くない also in its various forms of polite and impolite. I’m also missing the past for of it ~かった. Apparently you only added the negative form for な-Adjectives. Tho the first one sure is also very important for N5.

I have added those to to-do list :smiley:

I just edited, since I made a mistake, not only negative くない but also past form かった as well as it’s polite and impolite versions.

1 Like