Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

I had been considering suggesting this too. Especially for grammar points which are really masculine having a male only voice (and for feminine grammar points female only voices). Then shared could have both. That way we start associating the kinda of voices we should expect with which grammar points.

5 Likes

Thanks, I meant in the reviews though. I don’t see any slow option when audio is played in reviews.

5 Likes

i have a suggestion, not a necessity but, kinda nice to have.

i know we can wrap up while we are cramming but how about selecting the number of the questions? like cram me for 40 questions.

it may be feel more like a real test, i dunno.

5 Likes

The Wanikani furigana setting seems nice in theory, but it is unusable in practice, because it assumes that once you’ve seen a kanji once on WK, you automatically know every possible reading.

In particular, when you first unlock a kanji on WK, you only learn one reading (usually On’yomi), but Bunpro keeps throwing words with the kun’yomi readings at me that I couldn’t possibly know, so I had to disable the setting.

It would be nice if the setting could be done more intelligently. If it’s too much work to figure things out based on readings, a good compromise is to only include kanji on levels that the user has already finished on WK (since they’ve also done the associated vocabulary and thus learned alternate readings), and not include kanji on the current level (where they’ve probably only seen the first reading).

3 Likes

It’d be nice if we could see a projection of future review counts in stats, kind of like what you get in Anki. It’d help me figure out when is a good time to add some more reviews.

3 Likes

This exists already as a script, I use it and it’s great :smiley:

5 Likes

It looks pretty good, but it doesn’t take ghosts into account, because the script doesn’t have access to that data. So it’d be neat if Bunpro could make that data available or if they could implement review load stats themselves. If they do implement those stats, I’d like to be able to see them on a 24h basis as well.

4 Likes

I suggest adding もしかして examples within もしかしたら entry or just give it a new grammar point. I hear it quite a bit and want use it in BP but can’t. Perhaps a warning message in the current point or for あるいは?

2 Likes

I find it funny that the stats page has said this since launch without any change to the page

3 Likes

Sometimes a verb is conjugated by more forms than just the one being reviewed in an example sentence.
After answering the question, showing a comprehensive list of all conjugations that have been applied to the verb in that specific example sentence could really help with the learning process.

I often get confused by volitionals being added to verbs. So seeing what exactly occurred could really help in the future.

4 Likes

I’d really appreciate some kind of side feature to intensively test particles - and maybe conjugations as well. It’s the kind of drill exercise that frequently pops up in conventional workbooks, but I almost never see it in app form. I know that the main SRS course includes rules on particles, but I think it doesn’t get the prominence it really needs. It’s quite easy to absorb a rule like, for instance, “はずだ denotes a strong expectation”, but it’s much harder - at least for me - to reliably and accurately intuit all the senses in which に abstractly implies a sense of direction.

Maybe it would be possible to scrape some longer texts from the internet, cloze all the particles, and then ask the user to fill them in? I’m not sure if that would have the desired effect, but in any case, I’d like to be able to focus on particles more than I currently do.

5 Likes

In stats, I wish the in review sessions stats I could limit the data to since last month, last week, etc

3 Likes

I would love being able to see when I “deghost” ghost reviews by means of some popup or animation or something. Now I mostly have some disambiguous blob of reviews without an intuitiv feeling of increasing or decreasing ghost reviews.

10 Likes

Same with burned items. There’s still no indication for burning and finishing items to SRS12.

6 Likes

Ooh yes, those wanikani popups are really motivating, emulating that would be great for understanding what level things are at. The amount of XP I get is not really helping with where the item is, and it doesn’t appear when you have already been at a certain SRS stage.

3 Likes

Oh, and I would love a “back” feature for reviews where I confidently put in an answer, double tap to go to the next one quickly, then see a flash of red and realise that I made a typo and it was recorded as a mistake

4 Likes

I love this website for intensively practising conjugations.

7 Likes

Thanks! That’s a helpful tool, though I think would be even better if there was an option to pose the question as a direct English translation, rather than a list of grammatical terms. When I’m groping for a word in Japanese conversation, I’m not usually asking myself “what is the polite passive causative form of 食べる” so much as “how do I say “was made to eat” in Japanese?”

3 Likes

Oh wow, this is incredible, how have I never come across this?? Thank you!

3 Likes

I also use an app which I think is called “conjugations practice” it’s very helpful and has actually made conjugating a lot easier.

3 Likes