Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

Thanks! However, for some reason, I still don’t see the 100 day streak under the achievements header…

1 Like

@Kai

You got it! Thank you for pointing out the typo in the syntax. Cheers!

@jonstrutz11 Sorry about that! It looks like the command didn’t go through properly the first time. You should now have the 100 streak badge. If you are still unable to see it or you have yet to receive the notification for it, would you mind logging out and back in again? Cheers!

Sorry if my ideas have already been presented, there is just so many posts on this page.

This makes me think, maybe a list of all the todo items people can look at so they know what is planned.

Here are some of my ideas that I would find useful.

1. It would be nice to have a slow audio playback feature on the page when answering questions. At least until all N5/N4 audio is updated. Currently, because of the speed and audio flow, it is very hard to understand for me.

2. It would be nice if I could make my own lesson plan or we could have community lesson plans. I have a textbook I used in college called Nakama. It would be nice if I could create my own lesson plan based on the lessons in that textbook. Maybe an option to create community lesson plans based on users own textbooks. Then we could use the forms to review them to reduce the workload on the admins. I assume it would be something where each lesson could have a unique id that could be used to organize the lessons based on how you want them structured.

3. Another nice feature would be the ability to add hints on custom sentences like the pre-generated sentences have. For instance, sometimes a sentence may say, this focuses on … to help you choose your answer.

4. Additionally, another nice feature would be the ability to add “almost” correct answers to custom sentences. For instance, many times, in the pre-generated sentences, if I forget だ after a noun, it will say, aren’t you forgetting something. Or it may say, think ば on a sentence were I used たら for an “if” sentence.

5. Last, for Furigana, it would be nice if I hide/show furigana by clicking on a word, it remembered the state. This may be something that would have to be enabled by an option as not to confuse everyone. But this would be helpful for words sometimes I get that I know outside of WaniKani, or wanting to show words where I know the Kanji from WaniKani, but didn’t learn that vocab’s reading.

3 Likes

I have am having an issue with the completion of the last batch of N1 grammar rules, the keystone to my arch of learning. The lesson is perpetually loading. Advice?

Sorry if this has already been suggested (such a long thread!), but I’d love it if bunpro could be smarter about why I failed a grammar question and adjust my reviews accordingly. For example, many times I’ll get the actual grammar point correct only to mess up on conjugating the verb. In those cases, it would be great if bunpro would notice this and schedule some verb conjugation review

1 Like

I’d like to make a request that やはり・やっぱり be added. It’s such a common albeit slightly difficult to grasp word. I went ahead and made a thread on this about a certain point in particular that has to do with this word: やはり・やっぱり - A translation pet peeve

4 Likes

I feel like there should be a hint here.

ばかりに uses the past form of the verb :wink:

1 Like

You can make suggestions for new grammar here:

I’m actually really shocked none of us have mentioned that one yet xD It’s everywhere, haha.

1 Like

Yeah. Or even just a differently colored m&m indicator thingy for each item on /grammar_points, or for when selecting what to cram on /cram, or something. Just to make it easy to figure out which ones go together, or not… is what I think.

1 Like

Don’t know if there’s any way of doing this, but I can’t ever remember it ever being suggested before.
I was just looking at my medals, badges, achievements, streak etc. and realised that I’m actually the only one that can see them. Being the attention-seeking showoff that I am, I thought it would be nice to be able to attach a badge of your choice to your forum posts (like next to my name it says ‘regular’, which is a bit boring) it would be cool if I could attach my 365 day streak badge or level 80 badge instead.
This would also get the community talking about various achievements and give everyone something to aim towards.
What you you think? Honestly?

1 Like

Hahaha I wasn’t expecting you to do this. Thank you very much :joy:

6 Likes

Please excuse if this has been asked before…

A feature update I’d like would be for the quizzes around verb conjugations.

Right now, for example -nai, or -ta, both only quiz for Taberu, which is a simple Ichidan verb.
I think it would be great if it would quiz on the various more complicated Godan suffixes as well.

So -nai would quiz on Taberu (ichidan) like it does now, but then also quiz on the Godan u-tsu-ru-nu-bu-mu-su and irregular etc.

Thanks!

1 Like

This video should be added to the 〜した〜 grammar point:

1 Like

First review for あっての. What’s up with あなた and 君 being used back-to-back?? :face_with_monocle:

私 also strikes me as an unusual pronoun choice for someone using 君, unless we’re looking at song lyrics here. Is it not? (Then we’ve also got です here…)

1 Like

It would be great if there was a ‘bunny mode’ that skipped to the next sentence only after the audio of the sentence that you just got correct is finished.

2 Likes

Gonna bump this up again, it’s both useful and motivating (could be like a ghostbuster badge sign or something that pops up).

05%20AM

But we really don’t have any data that tracks ghosts at all, either for individual items or total. I’d like to use ghost reviews # to dictate how many lessons I can add, sort of like an apprentice count ceiling (not a leech count)…except I don’t know what it is, just a feeling of failing a lot recently. The reviews number is quite deceiving without this. I’ve been slow to add lessons lately so would like to manage this a bit better in parallel with other studies.

4 Likes

Not sure if it has been suggested before, but I think it would be nice to be able to turn off the orange colored hints that highlights parts of the sentence, in the settings. Sometimes I can tell immediately without reading the entire sentence which grammar point is being quizzed, just from seeing the highlighted part. Just thought about how those kind of highlights certainly would NOT appear on jlpt exam, haha.

2 Likes

You can hide them with the “review english” setting

1 Like

I meant the orange that can be found in the Japanese sentences like this:

2 Likes