Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thank you!

3 Likes

I’ve added this, and it’s now live.
Furigana will now always show for the answer when you “Show Answer” :v:

Will work on the show-all hotkey soon!

6 Likes

I would like that.

I have a ghost for お持ちいたしましょうか that I have from guessing
お待ちいたします。because I miss read (待つ and 持つ) since the answer didn’t have furigana I type お待ちいたしましょうか。 and got it wrong again.

Much more important to me is furigana is refreshed checked each card. Currently if the same word comes up the furigana is still there.

I’m in moblie app. (My computer has MS edge, I can’t install apps and forums work in edge but reviews don’t) looking foward to the next update!

I just tapped all the words to show furigana, 今日 was the first one on mulitple cards. Next sentence that had 今日 already had furigana before I tapped it.

Thanks, it’s perfect! Is there any chance this could be added to the mobile app as well?

1 Like

Hopefully these can be shared? And upvoted ? Would save repeated work and thus can be vetted.

1 Like

I would love to see that one!

Could there be a shared community based resources page? Or the ability to add sitewide (and app) your own references ?

1 Like

Hi don’t want to be a pain for this. But would it be possible to add this one to the options menu?

I highly prefer to hide furigana anywhere possible, and would like to keep it for my reviews the same as before this change if possible.

1 Like

Do you mean:
“It’s useless to review mastered items because you’ll practice them with immersion”
OR
“mastered items should be reviewed every 6 months”

Stuff that I practice with immersion often doesn’t stick. I can read it fine but I can’t 思い出す pull it out of my brain.

An example would be:
“僕は「悪い人」になるって” my brain: “He bad guy becoming”

if I tried to remember the sentence later, I would remember wrong.
“He bad guy becoming” >今日 かれは悪い人なってきます.

Because pulling out grammar correctly is so hard for me, I find bunpro valuable.

The former. If you fail to see a word or grammar point in the span of a year,(which if you double each review time, after “master” would be 12 months) then it is probably a word that is not important to remember.
Like if you were to study English, would the words “Translucency” and “weekday” hold the same importance in terms of learning? Which one would be more important to know?

I made furigana show for the answer in Fill-in-the-blank-style question after submitting an answer.
Quickly realized this wasnt great so I’ve just deleted it :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Feature Suggestion: The ability to add custom sentences to vocab (beta).

2 Likes

You’re right @Rukifellth , this was condescending, I’m sorry.

I’ll forget some n4 grammar eventually if I never practice it. Could you please keep all grammar in SRS rotation (even if only once a year or so) so it is possible to get wrong and drop a level to master?

I really struggle reviewing grammar from immersion. It’s harder to look up, and harder to know what I don’t know. That’s what make bunpro so valuable.

1 Like

I do not know what you are saying.

We both speak English at a mostly comprehensible level, therefore I used an English example.

I said “encountering” intitially. Of which could mean writing, reading, hearing, or seeing. I just used the word “see” as a shorthand word for “encountering” seeing as this is not a formal environment, such long-winded words can come across as condescending if used superfluously.

But I think I see what you are trying to say. You are thinking of direct study and immersion as two seperate entities, whenever they’re really one of the same. At least that is how I interpret your sentence. If that is incorrect, please correct me.

Either way. I do not want to flood this with a discussion about what “SRS means to you,” instead, provide feedback and requests in a more substantial manner.

I’m in support of modifiable SRS timings, of course.

They’ll definitely be share-able!
The upvoting/community aspect is definitely very interesting :eyes:

2 Likes

Can’t exactly remember who this applies to, so just gonna tag everyone here:
@rururun @IcyIceBear @drunkgome @Noxsora

Show All Furigana hotkey added across the (new) pages (Grammar/Vocab, Summary, Reviews etc.)

The hotkey is to hold Ctrl + Shift + F.
This will reveal all furigana on the page regardless of your setting.

5 Likes

I recently tried out some of the vocab cards and while I liked them in concept, I didn’t really like how the reviews were mixed in with the grammar. I like the convenience of having vocab and grammar on the same program, but personally I still want some separation between the two.

If it doesn’t already exist, I’d love for there to be a way to separate vocab and grammar reviews.
If it does exist, I’d love to hear how to do it!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :tada:

3 Likes

Howdy there TequilaJoe :cowboy_hat_face:

Yeah this is already a thing! If you’re on desktop,

Then under General you’ll have the option for split reviews.

If you’re on mobi- (I was about to link to Icy’s post) then yeah ^ that’s what it’ll look like for you!

3 Likes

It was right in front of my face all along. Thank you buddy :pray:

2 Likes