Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

ありがとう。助かった。

I am pretty sure an edit does not bump the thread up, but that way you can at the very least collect all of those sentences in one spot (being this forum), rather than having them in seperate places, if that is something you care for.

I have a folder of Japanese notes in Apple Notes. One is several tables of transitive/intransitive verb pairs, another is a list of Japanese homonyms, and the third is a collection of temporal expressions, adverbial expressions, and just a list of words that I learned and wanted to learn the readings for. So I just put the sentences in there. :hugs:

1 Like

今日は、「」と「とか」を勉強しました。「おしゃれ」と「うんと」の単語も勉強しました。

高い車を運転するとか大きな屋敷に暮らすとかおしゃれな服を着るとかうんとお金を持つことに全然興味がないです。人生の美しさは小さなことに見つけると思いますので、嬉しくて静かな生活に暮して良い友達と一緒に美味い食べ物と美しい音楽を味わうのがだけ一番欲しいんです。

Translation

I have absolutely no interest in things like driving expensive cars, living in big mansions, wearing fashionable clothes, or having a lot of money. I think the beauty of life can be found in the little things, so I just want to live a happy, quiet live enjoying good food and beautiful music with good friends.

1 Like

今日は「割に」勉強した。

僕の動きより的のは上手いし、コンボはいいし割に僕買った。
沢山不要危険を侵すのに、だから結局僕のディフェンス優位に立った。

Translation:

Although My Opponents movement is better than mine and their combos are good too, I won. They take to many unnecessary risks though, so in the end my defense got the upper hand.

今日は、「そういう」と「う・よう」を勉強しました。「おばさん」と「お引き出し」と「気の毒に」の単語も勉強しました。

気の毒に、彼女の叔母さんが亡くなったばかりだ。そういう状況は大変なので、一緒に葬式に行きましょう。今懐が寒いから、途中で幾らかの弔慰金のお引き出しに銀行に行くつもりです。

(気にしないで、該の話は唯の例えだけです。誰も亡くなりませんでした!)

Translation

Unfortunately, her aunt just died. Those situations are tough, so let’s go to the funeral together. I don’t have much money right now, so I plan to go to the bank on the way to withdraw some condolence money.*

(Don’t worry, the above story is just an example. Nobody died!)

今日は「う・よう + としたが」勉強した。

昨日は早く眠ろうとしたがXenoblade Chronicles 3長らくすぎるプレイしてしまった。
楽しかったのに、だから別に恨まないけど。

Translation:

I tried to go to bed early yesterday, but unfortunately played Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for too long. I had fun though, so I don’t especially regret it.

今日は、「様だ」と「全然」を勉強しました。「お祈り」の単語も勉強しました。

ヨガする時に頭を下げてお祈りをしているようだけど、実に全然祈っていません。精神的な人なのに全く宗教じゃないです。

Translation

When I do yoga I bow my head and it seems like I am praying, but in actuality I am not praying at all. I’m a spiritual person, but not at all religious.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3はいかがですか?Xenoblade Chronicles 1と2を完全に完了したのに、ちょっとつまらないと思って、あまり好きじゃなかったです。

XC3だけではなく、XC1とXC2(Tornaも)凄く楽しむ。
XC1とXC2にくらべてXC3は別に違う。ゲームは綺麗との流れはいい、けどXC1+2を面白がない、XC3多分も面白がない。
あのゲームのなかでXC2は最低. なぜならいく変げーむシステムがあるから。
とにかく積まれないのに2げーむを済ますはすごいと思う。

Translation:

I do not only enjoy XC3, but 1 and 2(+torna) as well.
Compared to XC1+2, XC3 is not especially different. The game has a nice flow and looks pretty, but if you did not enjoy XC1 and 2, you probably won’t enjoy XC3 either.
Among those games, XC2 is the worst, because it has some weird Game Mechanics.
Anyways I think its amazing you finished two games despite finding them dull.

@Wippo-さん 私もそう思います。XC2にブレードを集める事がとてもむかつくですね。サイドクエストもとてもつまらなかったです。だけどストーリで何が起こるのを知りたかったから、両方も完了した。XCよりゼノギアスの方が好きです。ゼノギアスを遊んだ事がありますか?

Translation

I think so too. Collecting Blades was so annoying, right? The side quests were also usually so boring. But I wanted to know what happens in the story, so I finished both games. Have you ever played Xenogears?

今日は、「かな」と「あまり〜ない」を勉強しました。「https://bunpro.jp/vocabs/%E3%81%8A%E5%AE%85」と「お湯を沸かす」の単語も勉強しました。

お宅にいる時、いつも朝ご飯を食べる。砂糖が多いシリアルあまり食べませんから、普通に自分に何かを作らなくては行けません。フライド卵またはオムレツとイングリッシュマフィンとか、クリームチーズとジャムで塗ってトーストとか、ワッフルまたはパンケーキを作るのが好きです。毎回、どちが欲しいかなとを自分自身に言い聞きます。よく朝ご飯と一緒に茶を飲みますから、炊き始める前にお湯を沸かし始めて、茶袋と砂糖を一番好きなマグコップに入れます。最近あまり健康な食べ物を食べていないから、今日はググレープフルーツとヨーグルトにします。

Translation

I always have breakfast when I’m at home. I don’t usually eat sugary cereals, so I usually have to make something for myself. I like to make things like fried eggs or omelettes with English muffins, toast with cream cheese and jam, or waffles or pancakes. Each time I ask myself “Which one do I want?” I often drink tea with breakfast, so before I start cooking, I start boiling water, and put a teabag and sugar in my favorite mug. I haven’t been eating so healthy lately, so today I’m going to have a grapefruit and yogurt.

まだゼノギアスプレイしたことがない。ことがあるけどまずXenoSagaプレイしたい。
Kos-mosとTe-losの小像までがある。
XenoSaga1少しプレイした。たのしむでも、難易度は高い、だからパーティーをレベルアップしなきゃ、 かえって辞めてしまった。

Translation:

I haven’t played Xenogears yet. I have it, but I first want to play Xenosaga.
I even have figurines/statues of Kos-mos and Te-los.
I played XenoSaga 1 a bit. I liked it, but the difficulty is high so i have to level up my party, but instead I (unfortunately) quit.

Some notes:

1. I have been told here in the forum that 遊ぶ is usually used for hanging out, rather than playing (video) games, so it sounds unnaturally. I can’t confirm or deny this, but it goes along with videogames usually using プレイする instead. (At least that is the case with Chocobo GP and FUGA, which I played in Japanese for a bit)
  2. This is some useful tidbit regarding these forums, apparently if you copy something on bunpro with furigana and paste it from your clipboard the furigana are pasted as well. Neat!
1 Like

今日は「言うまでもない」勉強した。

言うまでもないけど、格ゲーファンにとって昨日の鉄拳8トレーラーは凄く楽しんだ。
特に最近鉄拳7プレイし始まている。

Summary

Translation: It goes without saying, but as a fighting game fan I tremendously enjoyed yesterdays Tekken 8 Trailer. Especially as I recently started playing Tekken 7.

今日は「そうもない」を勉強した。

毎日のようにXenobladeChronicles3と鉄拳7プレイしすぎるから、今週は寝不足、だから今日も早く眠りそうもない

Translation:

I am sleep deprived this week, because I played Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Tekken 7 too much every day, so most likely I won’t go to bed early today either.

今日は、「」と「なら」を勉強しました。「お腹を壊す」と「お饅頭」と「お餅」の単語も勉強しました。

牛乳を飲めいつもお腹を壊す。でも、お餅とかお饅頭を食べるなら大丈夫で乳製品が無しから。

Translation

If I drink milk I always get an upset stomach. But if I eat things like mochi or manju it’s fine because they don’t contain dairy products.

可哀想。牛乳と乳製品はとても美味しい。
デザートとしてアイスクリームや凝乳は限らない。

Translation:

You poor thing! Milk and Diary Products are absolutely tasty.
There is nothing better than ice cream or curd as a desert. (among other things)

ははは!お気にしないで!LACTAID錠剤があるかる!乳製品を食べる前ならば、全然平気です。

Translation

Hahaha! Not to worry! LACTAID pills exist! If I eat them before eating dairy products, it’s totally fine.

1 Like

今日は、「がる」と「がする」を勉強しました。「がっかり」の単語も勉強しました。

仕事で、人々がいつも忙しがるけど、実に全然何もしないものです。大人がそいうわがままな行動をするなんか、とてもがっかりした気がします。

料理する時、台所にいつも美味しい匂いがする

Translation

At my job people always act busy, but they really don’t do anything at all. I feel really disappointed when adults behave so selfishly.

When I cook, it always smells delicious in my kitchen.

今日は「ないことはない」勉強した。

Genshin Impactはいいない事はないけど、収益化は悪い、だからプレイする辞めた。
新しいキャラ得るのために毎日退屈なことはしなきゃいけない。残念、Noelleは凄く可愛いいけど。

Translation:

It’s not that Genshin Impact is not a good game, but the monetization is bad, so I quit playing it. To unlock new characters you have to do boring things each day. Too bad, as Noelle is absolutely cute.

Noelle <3

今日は、「かもしれない」と「みたいに」を勉強しました。「きちんと」と「ぐっすり」の単語も勉強しました。

ブラウニーは何も残っていないので、今日もっと焼きかもしれない。その後で、一週間以下にパリに行くので、今日きちんと荷造りをし始まるかもしれない。でも、うちの猫が僕のスーツケースの上に赤ん坊みたいにぐっすり寝ているです。やれやれ!

Translation

There are no more brownies left, so I might bake some more today. Afterwards, since I’m going to Paris in less than a week, I might start packing properly today. But, our cat is sleeping soundly like a baby on top of my suitcase. Good grief!

今日は「なんか/なんて」勉強した。

いいElizaプレイヤーになるためにinstant moondiveなんかを練習しなきゃ。

Translation

To become a good Eliza Player I have to practice things such as instant moondive.

今日は「ついでに」勉強した。

この辺でいるついでに、このside questをする。(One-off occurrence)

Translation:

While I am in this area I’ll do this side quest. (One-off occurrence)

今は日本語の文法を勉強している間に、新しい単語も勉強するかもしれない。(regular occurence)

Translation

While I am learning japanese grammar, I might also learn new vocab. (regular occurence)