Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

沢山の人が寄付すると、嬉しいです。

Translation

I’m happy when a lot of people donate.

5 Likes

母国の生活水準が悪化することをもとに日本へ引っ越した

Translation

I moved to Japan based on my home country’s living standards deteriorating.

4 Likes

本を読み終わったところで、お母さんから電話が来た。

Translation

Just as I finished the book I was reading, I got a call from my mom.

長生きするために、健康的な食事をするものだ。

Translation

To live a long life, one should eat healthy food.

3 Likes

日本人の骨格と外国人の骨格は違うから、外人はすぐにダイエットする必要はないと言われました。

Translation

I was told because japanese and foreigner bodies are different, foreigners have no need to quickly start a diet.

…
lol

4 Likes

フランスには、あたしはちいさいかったこと、私と母はコンサートへ行った。
「すごい!ジルベール・ベコーのショーでした!が、写真をとらなくて、スマートフォンがもたなかった!」と言った。
今でもその時のジルベール・ベコーの音楽をおぼえると、嬉しくなる。

4 Likes

昨日Bunproコミュニティのサイトに入れませんでした。私のインターネットのせいか、他の理由かわかりません。

Translation

Yesterday I couldn’t access the Bunpro community site. I don’t know if it’s because of my internet or some other reason.

4 Likes

子どものころから、あたしはしぜんをみています。年々、雪があまりすくないでした。だから、ゆきにんぎょうが今では、ほとんど、とれなくなりましたなので、たくさにゃいろいろ雪男がありますよ!

4 Likes

アニメを見るとき、日本語で見るのと英語で見るのとどちらかが好きですか?

Translation

When watching anime, do you prefer watching it in English or Japanese?

ドラゴンと戦っている最中に、刀が壊れて、死んでしまった。

Translation

In the middle of fighting a dragon, my sword broke, so I unfortunately died.

3 Likes

インスタグラムの空き家の広告を毎日見ているから、早く空き家を買わないではいられない気がします。

パス・オブ・エグザイルというゲームのレアアイテムをゲットすると、もっとやらずにはいられません。

電池がなくなりそうだから、ここに残ってはいられない

5 Likes

父が私に新しいヘルメットを買ってくれました。

Translation

My father bought me a new helmet.

5 Likes

今日の文:架空の猫「モチ」で五七五を作ってみました。 (Today’s sentence: a 5-7-5 about an imaginary cat called Mochi.)

雨の朝 モチはこたつで 動かない
(Rainy morning / Mochi under the kotatsu / refuses to move)

A haiku about one specific creature is a sneaky grammar drill: to fit 5-7-5 you have to choose between で and に for ‘in the kotatsu’, or decide whether a particle can go (モチはこたつで vs モチ、こたつに). Counting morae also makes you notice that こたつ is 3 and 動かない is 5.

If anyone wants a mini-challenge: take your pet’s (or plant’s) name and one habit, and make a 5-7-5. Happy to check morae counts for anyone who posts one. (Lines hand-written by us; corrections very welcome, especially on で vs に.)

5 Likes

ohhh I wanna do a haiku

走る中
カエルを踏むな
ってたけど

Summary

while running
dont step on frogs
they said, but…

4 Likes

I’m sad かめむし is too long, they’re everywhere this year :disappointed: :disappointed:

3 Likes

カメムシを
踏まないように
しても、あら

Summary

Even if I try not to step on stinkbugs, oh dear

5 Likes

雨を振るので、私の犬が外に行かない。

Translation

My dog will not go outside because it is raining.

Based on a true story.

5 Likes

夏休み
家でゴロゴロ
昼寝かな

Translation

Summer vacation
Lazing around at home
Maybe afternoon nap

4 Likes

海賊お莫大うが来たぞー!
「かれはあやとりを遊びをしていた」とか 「あのひとはおりがみをしていた」とかとおもっていた。

「うん、おれはだのマンター だ! ものがたりを作るのも好きだった」と言っていた!

3 Likes

俺は夏休み前に自転車を買った。自転車で千葉県の縁に回りたかったけど時間がなかった。しかし自転車にたくさん乗れた。

Translation

Before summer vacation I bought I bike. I wanted to ride around the coast of Chiba Prefecture but didnt have the time. I did manage to ride a lot though.

俺の一番好きな動物は「Bearded Dragon」です。なんで好きか知らないけど面白く小さい腕が好きです。本当に飼いたい

Translate

My favorite animal is the bearded dragon. I cant say for sure why I like them but I like their silly little arms. I really want to own one.

4 Likes

JLPTに合格するために、毎日文法とか単語とかを勉強し続けます。

Translation

In order to pass the JLPT, I will continue to study grammar and vocabulary.

トイレに行ったら、手を洗わなければならない。

Translation

When going to the restroom, you must wash your hands.

1 Like

雨を振るので、帽子を着る。

Translation

I put on a hat because it is raining.