Lost streak

I think Bunpro could make use of implementing a 1 day grace period because things happen, you know. If it’s just a little over 24 hours due to situations like above, but the user still remembers their intention to do Reviews/Lessons/Cram daily, I don’t see why a user need to feel like they are not doing the work.

Not sure if this is pushing it, but 2 days grace period like Duolingo would be great too. Maybe having a deficit in XP for missing 2 days? But perhaps we can make a vote to see which would be more popular or beneficial, whether 1 day or 2 days grace period.

Anything more than that, the user just needs to be reminded of the use of Vacation mode.

1 Like

Having an optional opt-in 1 or 2 grace period over X days would be cool.

Here hoping @mrnoone and team can add it in an update. It might be too late for me but others can be saved in the future!

I mean what happened to me yesterday is as extreme as it gets (or at least I hope so). In my quest of disconnecting from the city I almost end up having to sleep in a forest that has bears and snakes and stuff around.

3 Likes

@Megumin

Great idea!

I hope you are not casting explosion spells at random, seemingly abandoned castles.
Something tells me, it might be dangerous :wink:

4 Likes

An app with offline mode would resolve this and then some. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah shoot, that might have helped drive away the bears and snakes and also made appear help to rescue me (and look what the fuck caused the explosion).

What a missed opportunity.

1 Like

Oh yes! :smiley: We need that … There is already a mobile app, but an offline mode could be amazing.

3 Likes

I like what Kanji Garden does (it’s about the only thing that’s good about that app). As you build up your streak you can accumulate up to three hearts. When you miss a day you lose one heart, and only when you lost the last heart your streak breaks. I don’t know the intervals off-hand, but I don’t think it has to be very generous to catch most of these accidentally dropped streaks.

4 Likes

I feel like this might be the best place to ask… just lost a streak of over 600 days by missing the midnight mark by 5 mins. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Any chance of a little streak reinstatement if i ask ever so nicely? :hugs: @mrnoone

2 Likes

You need to beat @mrnoone in a grammar battle to get your lost streak back.

I did and I lost, and I didn’t get my streak back. Now I live in shame.

3 Likes

Ooof, better make sure I don’t lose my streak then… An impossible challenge if there is any!

I do think @nekoyama 's heart idea is a really good one though, I work shifts myself and I do occasionally miss a day due to misremembering if I did one already when switching sleeping regimes, so a bit of a safeguard would keep me more motivated to keep it running and keep coming back.

1 Like

I know that too well too. I have some weeks with 70h shifts but what can you do.

renge-shrug

1 Like

Beg the BunPro gods for some respite :joy: Yeah, I don’t mind it that much if I lose it, but it still puts a bit of a damper on the old motivation occasionally :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah, I’m truly buggered then!

What was your streak at?

1 Like

I had a streak of over 800 from what I can remember. I lost it because I went camping and did my reviews after midnight. I got frustrated but I reminded myself that it’s just a number. The real important thing is learning.

6 Likes

Exactly, similar thing happened to me. I went onto a trip in the middle of the woods, I was so worried getting to my destination, the bears and the snakes, that when I realized midnight already happened.

3 Likes

I can’t remember the precise number (my memory is atrocious!), but it was at least at 620 days.

2 Likes

All taken care of!

3 Likes

My streak was at 69.420

Click only in case you need proof.

I guess it’s not that easy.

nope-leaving

4 Likes

Thank you! So much love for the Bunpro team :heart:

Aaand setting a alarm just in case for the future to save you guys the hassle :eyes:

3 Likes