Next update? (to admins)

I don’t want to hurry you guys or anything like that. Just wanted to know your plans about the next update and your short term plans. Now that you finished with the Tobira book.

The end of my subscription is nearing, so I just wanted to know about your plans for the future and whether I should extend it now or wait a few of months when you add a bit more content.

Well, any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your hard work as always! :slight_smile:

@Pushindawood @mrnoone

3 Likes

Actually, the next update is ready and should be up today or more likely tomorrow (worst case Monday). :+1:
We are aiming for weekly updates starting this week :cowboy_hat_face:

Cheers!

16 Likes

What will these weekly updates contain? More grammar points, more context sentences, updates to existing grammar, or new features entirely?

I’d be a bit worried I’ll never complete bunpro if you’re adding new grammar every week :joy: glad to see it’s still being actively developed though!

4 Likes

pray 4 N1 :bowing_man: :bowing_man:

9 Likes

Yeah, I initially thought N1 would be done before I finish N2 but now… I have no idea how that’ll work out since I’ve already finished N3 ^^

3 Likes

@mrnoone hm… something is not right about your prediction :slight_smile:
It’s Tuesday now and you said worst case scenario was Monday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@jsroberts92

All of the above! Our main focus right now is adding new grammar points and updating existing grammar points. We will be adding new features periodically, but we want to make sure that the currently available content is as polished as possible. Cheers!

@Beghaus and @someone2020 N1 is on the horizon! We just need to update/flesh out some things in the lower levels first. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Kuromaku You are right! We had a fix for search and five new grammar points ready to push but ran into a problem during testing that has set us back a bit. We hope to have the new grammar points and a fix for search available very soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

Edit: We have decided to just push the new grammar points while we figure out what is going on with search. Thank you for your patience.

11 Likes

@Kuromaku @someone2020 @Beghaus @jsroberts92
I am sorry for the delay :bowing_man:

3 Likes

It’s fine!

I noticed now though that there appears to be two

ばよかった

Grammar points, and they are pretty much identical. Is this intentional?

2 Likes

Do you have any plans to add more audio for the example sentences? Currently, as I can see, only the N5 and N4 blocks have audio, but also with gaps. I don’t know about other Bunpro users, but audio is very important for me. So I’m curious to know if any more work is going to be done in this direction by the Bunpro staff. Thank you!

4 Likes

I’m just here to say that you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the hard work.

4 Likes

Yeah I noticed that too. Also in I think that in Tobira guide on here, it lists a grammar point in chapter 3? When it doesn’t appear until later.

1 Like

They’ve mentioned before that there are plans to expand audio. :slight_smile: I believe they want to make sure all the sentences are fully polished and done first.

2 Likes

Not really intentional but it’s commonly brought up.

3 Likes

How do you get the updates?

2 Likes

The updates are automatically applied to the web site. If you have an internet connection, then you will be on the updated version.

1 Like

I am on Android

1 Like

Is the Tobira path complete? I noticed there’s a few differences with the book’s grammar list (I’m studying with it right now). The upcoming N3 grammar seems to be related to one from Chapter 1.

1 Like

The Android app doesn’t have a developer at the moment, so there are currently no updates apart from the website.

As of Dec 25 2019:

Bunpro sometimes organizes things differently via JLPT level, so that /might/ be why things are out of order. But if that’s a mistake, you can just use the report function on the grammar to let them know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s been a while since the last update, in fact about a month :wink:
Any news on what’s coming next?

3 Likes