Dashboard 2.0 Released

Dashboard 2.0 Released!

This feature update includes some TLC to the Dashboard screen, as well as a move to the new, faster, ‘2.0’ system.

Note for Beta testers:

If you have already been following the Dashboard 2.0 Beta and its threads, you can probably skip this post, as it mainly just announces the new features of the Dashboard 2.0 Beta again

:dart: Purpose

Much like the Reviews system, the Dashboard is a Bunpro feature that most users will use every single day, thus integrating it with the new front-end system we’ve been working on was a priority.

This new system is designed and coded from scratch and is significantly faster.
The page load speed and page transition time from other pages onto new Dashboard is now instant and should hopefully make the the Bunpro Loop™ of going between the Dashboard/Review/Summary pages feel a lot smoother.

:zap: Quicklinks

‘Quicklinks’ is the name we’ve given to the main Review/Learn buttons in the top left hand side of the Dashboard.

We have switched to having a dropdown buttons on the Dashboard in the following cases:

• If you have Split Reviews active in Settings, you will now get the Reviews dropdown
  • If you have two Decks active (Primary and Secondary), you will get the Learn dropdown

NOTE that the clicking the left-hand-side of the button will perform the same action as it normally would, will clicking/tapping the right-hand-side of the button will open the dropdown.

If you fit neither of these cases, you will get the same display as usual:

Also a quick note – the reason why we implemented the change to the Reviews button was to accommodate a future planned Decks overhaul!

:keyboard: Hotkeys

Added hotkeys to the Learn/Reviews buttons.

• Press L to go to Learn
    • If multiple Decks active, opens the Decks dropdown – from here, press:
      • 1 to go to the Primary Deck
      • 2 to go to the Secondary Deck
  • Press R to open the Review dropdown
    • If Split Reviews is on in Reviews Settings Opens the Reviews dropdown – from here, press:
      • 1 to go to All Reviews (if has Reviews)
      • 2 to go to Grammar Reviews (if has Reviews)
      • 3 to go to Vocab Reviews (if has Reviews)

:bar_chart: Graphs

Added graph menus!

Now you can:

• Toggle if you want Grammar/Vocab reviews to display
  • Switch between Total Reviews and New Only in the Forecast graph.

All settings changed here will persist between visits to the Dashboard (website only)

Tooltips for the Forecast graph

Now even if you have Total Reviews or New Only activated for the Forecast graph, you can still see how many new/total reviews there are for a time slot – reducing the need to do the sums in your head.

forecast-tooltip-cumulative

forecast-tooltip-individual

Time-split

To stop the graphs getting cramped and make them more clickable, we have split the graphs into two distinct periods:

• Forecast
    • Daily is now split between first 7 days and last 7 days (total of 14 days)
    • Hourly is now split between first 12 hours and last 12 hours (total of 24 hours)
  • Activity is now split between previous 2 weeks and the previous 2 weeks before that (total of 28 days)

You can switch between the two time-periods by using the arrows next to the graph titles:

:art: Redesigns

We’ve given both Community and the SRS Progress popouts section a fresh coat of paint!
Looking pretty swanky :cowboy_hat_face:

The SRS Progress modal should also feel noticeably faster.

:mantelpiece_clock: What will happen to the old Dashboard?

Much like we did with the Reviews 2.0 update, we will transfer the old Dashboard to it’s own URL here (notice the URL prefix ‘/old/’).

This legacy page will not be updated, and will eventually be removed.

:loudspeaker: Shoutouts

A big thanks to the users that gave feedback, positive or negative, on Dashboard 2.0. It went through many iterations to get to where it is today, and we couldn’t say thank you enough!
Here are the contributors, in order of appearance:

@S_S @Pablunpro @Herendil @I-k-d @Neon_Kitsune @HotAirGun @Yash @Markapi_Suh @Redglare @indutny @ahewgill @Schuylerca @bunnypro @wct @ThePurpleOrange @CursedKitsune @araigoshi @airbus29 @badcity @pjorge @Megumin @davebp

What’s Next?

With Dashboard published, we’re going to continue to monitor for bugs and other feedback.

We have two fun projects coming up next, so stay tuned! :cowboy_hat_face:

We’ll also move onto the next focus of our 2.0-series of overhauls – the Profile pages.

Watch this space!

34 Likes

I just woke up to it, and I’m still taking it in but the first impression is: I love it! Great job as always, BunPro team.

4 Likes

Numbers (especially those in learn and review buttons) are barely visible. They are very thin and hard to read. Look for instance number 5 in learn button. The top bar is almost non existent

2 Likes

looks pretty nice from what I’ve seen so far! Thanks for the update

3 Likes

nice work

3 Likes

Changing to hourly from daily when there’s no reviews for that day removes all interactivity from the forecast element:

2 Likes

does the dashboard load incredibly slow for anyone else? Even when it does load, the other components sometimes take ages to populate

15 Likes

I’m seeing really bad slow loading on my end, using Chrome. Like, open the web page and leave it for 5 minutes before things start loading in slow. I tried opening my notifications, and those took a minute+ as well. Not only that, but my navigation buttons disappeared when the notifications loaded, and my stats un-loaded and now appear to be spinning endlessly in the background:

5 Likes

Very slow for me too. I’m not sure if there were other API changes made to go with this but my reviews are also not loading. Requests just time out.

Hope my streak wont be lost :sob:

5 Likes

Sorry to post something negative here, but it’s because the other thread has been locked.

So before launching into the post, I’d like to reiterate that there are many good things / improvements in Dashboard 2.0, compared with Dashboard 1.0.

However, I continue to be confused about the talk of how fast it is (or even instant?)
Maybe it’s just me, but I’m waiting forever, actually longer than usual today.
I’ve actually just given up trying to access grammar-only reviews after trying for about 10 minutes, in a combination of waiting for the blue round and round to gyrate for up to around a minute before the review drop down arrow then becomes available, after which wait again for going round and round, then something like unavailable / need to refresh / page does not exist.

I seem to spend a lot of time on this screen in particular every time (it’s one of the reasons why I wish there could just be a “review vocab” and a “review grammar” button instantly available on the dashboard, so I don’t have to keep waiting ages for the drop-down to load!)

5 Likes

I think their server must be getting hammered now that everyone is using the new dashboard or something. I used the beta a few times and it was always pretty good, but now that it’s rolled out to everyone it seems to be going slow. I even used it earlier this morning and it was fine but as the day goes on it seems to be slowing down.

7 Likes

It is also too slow for me. The site was not loading at first, now it loads but shows this:
Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 9.42.25 AM

4 Likes

Extremely slow for me and theres a ton of console errors!

3 Likes

I can’t get it to load, even with the old dashboard. :frowning:

4 Likes

My dashboard takes a while to load and reviews can’t even load fully without timing out :’( Hopefully it gets fixed somewhat soon, I think whats happened is that Bunpro is trying to load all of my reviews, and because I have so many it’s not going through.

3 Likes

Not loading for me either. :frowning:

3 Likes

Bunpro just went down for maintenance on my end lol. Hopefully it’s fixed soon, or hopefully I can keep my streak lol.

Edit: Anndd it’s back up? I think the site is struggling lol

3 Likes

Thanks for the messages everyone. We silently released the dashboard yesterday so the issue doesn’t seem related to that. I am looking into to it right now.

6 Likes

Like others, the dashboard fails to load fully – or otherwise at least takes a long time to fully load, with various components on the page ‘circling’ in a loading state for a long time.

For those who feel ‘stuck’ by this, since the Reviews button(s) may not have loaded properly, a workaround might be to simply go directly to the review pages in the browser’s address bar:

Edit: Oh, I see Jake’s post. If it’s unrelated, then probably this is not a true workaround, and maybe review pages were also affected but I just happened to access them after some fixes were made? Anyway, can’t hurt to have these links available in case something actually does happen to the dashboard.

3 Likes

If it doesn’t end up working today, you could put your account on vacation mode (assuming you can get to the settings to do so). That will preserve your streak.

1 Like