Feedback - Bug Reports

@Johnathan-Weir Thank you for submitting these reports!

Verb + ていない is one way to express the past tense in Japanese. Here is an excellent breakdown of the differences between using Verb[た] and Verb[ていない].

• I have updated the answers that throw hints/warnings for this grammar point to catch variations of ておく.
  • I have updated the alternative answers for this grammar point.
  • We are not able to reproduce the sentence going off of the screen, but we might have an idea of what is causing it.
  • と並んで is slotted to be moved to a later N3 lesson. We apologize for the inconvenience.

@Norushka Hey! I apologize for the late reply. Welcome to the community!
Is it possible that you have clicked/tapped the kanji to turn off furigana for this kanji at some point? Bunpro remembers the kanji that you have clicked/tapped to hide furigana and turns off furigana for that kanji everywhere. The reverse is also true; clicking/tapping a kanji to show furigana turns on furigana for that kanji all over the site. Please let us know if this is not the case. Cheers!

@Anthropos888 Thank you for your report! We apologize for the inconvenience. We will see what we can do. Thank you for your patience.

@1112 We are sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues.

Yes! We do not believe that ad-block or other security features would affect how reviews work, but we will keep looking into what might be the cause of this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

@Pep95 We apologize for the clunkiness! We will get that fixed. Thank you for your patience.

I have updated this sentence to include “treat” in the hint. Cheers!

6 Likes

Oh, I must have indeed tapped the kanji without noticing :see_no_evil: Didn’t know it was a feature :sweat_smile: Thank you for clearing it up for me!

2 Likes

@seanblue has mentioned this twice before, but (I think it’s called) “wanakana” was updated and can be applied to Bunpro here so that adding kana in the middle of the word/phrase doesn’t always make the cursor jump to the end of the field.

If I type ~ないではいられない for example, but I need to edit it to use ~せずに, if I try to type the edit all at once it looks like ~はいられないずに

Can we please get this fixed?? :pray:

6 Likes

@Johnathan-Weir @seanblue @Pushindawood

Duplication bug liked to ~ばよかった seems to be resolved, was surprised when I “started” N3!

It’d be tremendous to implement this. I have furigana disabled entirely in Bunpro, but copy-paste is mostly useless, since browsers will sweep up the <ruby> tags’ content even if it’s invisible. Would love if Furigana is set to off that the <ruby> tags were omitted from the output

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible since you can still toggle furigana on and off by clicking on the kanji, even if furigana is set to off in the settings.

But you can use the “copy sentences” script from here (which hopefully will soon be officially implemented by Bunpro):

2 Likes

You’re gonna hate me for posting this and I don’t blame you, but since it’s a grammar learning app, I’m gonna be picky. This should be ‘by a large number of people’ not ‘a large amount.’ Amount is not countable, like water etc.

Sorry…

5 Likes

@Kai When the update was originally launched we tried to apply it to Bunpro, but it kept breaking everything. We decided to come back to it at a later date when we could devote more time into figuring out what was causing the issues. We will be taking another look at it and hope to have the newer version of wanakana up and running soon. Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

I had a bit of an interesting bug happening while I was in the US. But since I was on vacation I didn’t feel up to reporting it here at that time, so it might be hard or impossible to figure it out.

The bug was with the statistics page. My time zone is set to GMT+1 (Stockholm), and the statistics page have worked as expected in Japan. (Obviously you might have changed this in the last six months since I was last in Sweden, for one, we couldn’t set time zones back then.) But when I went on vacation to California, USA, last week, something strange happened.

The streak count on the normal homepage would correctly update if I did reviews on a new day (in GMT+1 time), but the statistics page would add those reviews to the day before. So if I did reviews on October 2, it would show up on the statistics page on Oct 1, until Oct 3 when it would suddenly move them correctly, but all my Oct 3 reviews would fall on Oct 2. And believe me, I double checked time zones plenty of times (not changing them on BP, but just checking online) to make sure I was doing reviews each day because I didn’t want to lose my daily streak.

But it was very confusing that the reviews would show on the wrong day on the statistics pages for a while. I use a Mac (high sierra still), and Safari (12 still). My computer’s clock changed to local CA time (aka pacific time zone). I don’t know what made the statistics page show the reviews wrong, when the streak count was definitely going up and counting it correctly. But I thought you’d want to know.

I did my first reviews in Japan again yesterday and today and they are showing up correctly on the statistics page. No showing up on the previous day.

1 Like

Well, at this point I’m too invested in this site to give up on it, haha. I guess those extra ghost reviews is good for me in the long run, but I still hope you can figure out why it happens. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey,

For me, basically all links from grammar points to their community pages don’t work at all. Could you take a look at this?

@MissDagger Thank you for providing a detailed account of what you experienced while you were abroad. We will look into what might be causing the discrepancy in when reviews were done vs. when they were actually recorded. Cheers!

We do too! Thank you for your patience. Cheers :bowing_man:

@Pep95 We are not able to reproduce this on our end. Would you mind providing some specific examples of this happening? Does clicking on “Community Discussion” just not do anything or does it take you to a different page? Thank you for your patience. Cheers.

2 Likes

It doesn’t actually say community discussion for me, it just shows the discourse logo. When I hover over it, my cursor changes into a pointer, but clicking it does not do anything. This is also true when I just open the grammar point. The community discussion is also only available on the Meaning page.

1 Like

As a workaround until they apply the update you could try this userscript which simply restores the cursor position after the conversion to kana. (If you’re using Firefox you’ll have to enable dom.select_events.enabled on about:config for it to work.)

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/390962-bunpro-prevent-cursor-from-jumping-to-end-of-input-field

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Feedback - Bug Reports:

Yeah, I’m having this same problem. 90% of the time audio will not play for the example sentences in the Study section. The audio seems to work fine for review sentences, just not in Study. Safari 13.0.1, no user scripts, content blockers turned off.

1 Like

This warning makes no sense :frowning:
(I think this answer is wrong because たちまち is… uh… “intransitive?” and therefore doesn’t make sense connecting to した, but maybe there’s a better way to explain it. Or, maybe I’m entirely wrong :sweat_smile: )

I really appreciate it, but it doesn’t seem to work for me on Chrome :sob:

@Pep95 Thank you for drawing this to our attention! We are working on a fix. Cheers!

@Kai Argh! I just read your report on this one in “Feedback.” Should be all fixed. Sorry about that. Cheers!

2 Likes

It seems chrome handles cursor position changes a bit differently, but it should work now. New version

2 Likes

Cram: left and right side in mobile browser are cut off: